Ground School and My Medical
No flying today, but there were a couple of things of note. I got my student pilot/medical certificate, which involved a trip to the doctor to make sure I don’t have any problems which would prevent me from flying.
Tonight I started ground school. School is not required; some people study on their own. That’s what I originally planned to do, but I decided to take the classes for the following reasons.
- It’s a way to meet other students.
- It’s cheap (under $100 for about 30 hours in the classroom).
- It’s a chance to hear the material from another instructor’s perspective.
- We’ll probably learn things that aren’t covered in the books. (Such as the differences between the planes I use and those some of the other students fly.)
- Having weekly classes forces us to keep up with the reading.